Monday, May 7, 2012

Pura Vida

Hola, blog amigos!  I am back from Costa Rica.  Unfortunately.  Work is going to be insanely difficult today.  I will keep repeating to myself, “Grown-ups have jobs. Grown-ups go to work.”

Nate and I loved Costa Rica. We both recommend it as a travel destination. This week is “Costa Rica Week” on the blog where we’ll share all of our favorites with you.  Let the torture begin!

We stayed at the Riu Guanacaste.  The resort is located in a rural area of the Guanacaste region of Costa Rica.  It is the perfect location for a relaxing, secluded getaway!

Costa Rica 390

The remote location does make it harder to explore more of Costa Rica.  Many of the excursions were 8-12 hour+ trips.  We did go on two excursions near the hotel. The rest of our time was spent as lazy beach bums.  Muy bueno.

We would start our day off by sleeping in and then heading to breakfast.  We would then go for a nice run on the beach.

Costa Rica 365

Costa Rica 375

Nate’s form is weak.

Okay, the running thing is a lie.  We would take a nice, slow stroll along the beach.  Slow because Costa Rica is HOT.  Must have something to do with that whole being near the equator thing.  I loved the warmth…when near a nice cool body of water…and fruity drink…which is how we spent the remainder of our day. 

The beach near the hotel is beautiful.  The sand is black sand.  Pretty but feet scorching. Nate and I are nature people so we liked that the beach was surrounded by mountains.  Costa Rica is transitioning from the dry season to the wet season.  It only rained one evening while we were there.

Let’s let the pictures do the talking. I’m slowly working my way back into this blogging thing.  I forgot how to write complete sentences.  Not that I was awesome at that a week ago. Focus.  Insert pretty photos.

Costa Rica 286

Costa Rica 317

Costa Rica 382

Costa Rica 336

Costa Rica 406

Costa Rica 429

Costa Rica 392

I impressed Nate with my Spanish speaking skills.  He’s pretty sure I’m almost fluent.  Like this sign at the end of the resort, it says “Beware of Crocodiles”.  I saved his life on this one.  He was totally ungrateful for my translating skills.

Costa Rica 351

He was also impressed with my newly acquired modeling skills.  The things he missed during tax season.  (And yes, I am incapable of taking a normal picture.)

Costa Rica 325

Nate’s modeling is weak.  The “What the fudge?” expression was so 2011.  So is that dirty, cut-off race shirt.  Just saying.

Costa Rica 296

The sunsets at the resort were also pretty impressive…the shots we could get before we were carried off by mosquitoes.

Costa Rica 272

Costa Rica 482

Costa Rica 513

The rest of the week I’ll share with you our thoughts on the resort, photos from zip lining, and photos from our jungle river cruise.  There are photos of me and wild monkeys!  And not just this monkey…

Costa Rica 525

Is it too early to go back? 

30 comments:

  1. you are making me homesick for what i know is meant to be my home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place looks amazing! So at the end of this Costa Rica week, you're going to give away a free trip, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Los cocodrilos son muy peligrosos! Great sunset photos! You could totally sell those as computer wallpapers and use the money to buy Nate some new, non-cut-off t-shirts. Brad has an extensive collection of cut-offs. I keep saying that I'm going to burn them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sunsets are amazing. I'm sort of (okay, incredibly) jealous of your vacation. I need some serious sun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also feel like I'm incapable of taking a normal picture. I make faces in every one. Looks like you guys had a great time! You have some gorgeous photos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That all looks incredibly fantastic. I want to go on a vacation now! I'm looking forward to the rest of your updates, even if I will hate you a little bit for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sunsets....wow....seriously WOW!!! So glad you had a great time on vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That last sunset photo is a show-stopper. Looks like an amazing trip and it was much-deserved with all the time you two spent apart during tax season. Glad to have you back (at least I'm happy you came back if you aren't). Have fun at work today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are drool-worthy. I loved that you guys just kicked back and relaxed...sounds super 'pura vida'. My extent of which was eating burritos fri from pura vida (restaurant by my house, har har). Really curious to hear about the jungle cruise!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures. Definitely on my to go list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a great time! I was definitely jealous seeing all your instagram/twitter pictures ;)
    Can't wait to hear how zip-lining was - that's something I would love to do if I weren't such a chicken!!
    And your goofy photos are so cute! Way more fun than boring pose-and-smile pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You took some awesome photos! And, you have awesome running form ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pics are unreal. I lol'ed at your running photo. Why don't men play with us? I like being goofy. They should too.
    Can't wait to hear alllllll about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks beautiful!!! So happy for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you had such a great trip, but happier that you ae back :) All of those pictures are framers. Can't wait for the ziplining photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa. That looks amazing! Your modeling is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! So glad you had a good trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This post really made me laugh! I'm loving all of your expression. They're truly priceless! All of your photos are gorgeous! I love the sunset photos, beautiful:) It's hard coming back to work after you've been to a beautiful place such as Costa Rica!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pictures! I think I need to get to Costa Rica ASAP. Also, I think you could turn these modeling poses into a second career.

    You may not be glad to be back, but I'm sure Ike was happy to see you all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your pics are awesome..especially the sunset pics!
    I love how remote this place is. I'd go there in a second!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm green with envy! Those pictures are amazing! Can't wait to see more! Especially you with the monkey! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hermosas fotos! Simply stunning! Feliz de que la hayan pasado bien en tierras latinas ;)
    Don't worry, every single grown up needs that reminder about going to work, don't you hate mondays? So Do I :)
    Greetings from South America!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL your model photo cracks me up. Can't wait to see more of costa rica!

    ReplyDelete
  24. hola!! welcome back :). these photos are beautiful! i love the shot of your resort nestled among the forest, you can really see how secluded it is! and that sunset....wow. you need to enlarge a couple of those and find a place for them in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The photos are fabulous! I'm sure this will be a rough week, trying to resume normal. Can't wait for more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  26. what fabulous pictures! we just got back from aruba (haven't posted any pics yet) but it's plainly obvious that mine are taken from a nonfancified camera. tell me, yours are dslr, but do they come out that good, or did you still have to tweak some. and what tweaks did you use? they look sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful! Gorgeous! Stunning! I'm so thrilled you had a good vacation. Pharmacists need those, I hear. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My blog has moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address.

If that does not occur, please visit http://www.decorandthedog.net'.