Andes Mint Truffle Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 pkg. (4.6 oz) mint Andes candies, chopped, divided
- 2 tsp. shortening, divided
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until tops appear slightly dry. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
In microwave, melt 1 tsp shortening and remaining chocolate chips and Andes candies; stir until smooth. Melt vanilla chips and remaining shortening in microwave until smooth.
Dip half of the cookies in melted chocolate mixture; dip remaining cookies in melted vanilla mixture. Immediately sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Let stand until set.